"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

Tuesday, May 26: Last day in Zambia and heading home...

Tuesday morning started with Chris and I getting our bags ready to go and all the foot lockers moved from the garage to The Ark for storage. Fence, Bryan and Wes helped us move all the equipment and supplies to The Ark. There will be more supplies arriving at New Day on the shipping container that hadn't made it to New Day yet. John had made the trip to Kansas to take supplies to load on the shipping container, but hold ups along the way kept the container from making it before our trip. The supplies will be stored until our trip next year.

After our goodbyes, Niki, Chris and I headed to Livingstone. We stopped in Choma for Niki to run a few errands and get chicken and chips (french fries) for lunch, which we ate in the truck. On our way to Livingstone, we saw some monkeys and impala which was neat to see. We went to the market for a little shopping when we got into Livingstone and then headed to Ngolide Lodge where we were staying Tuesday night. 

View of the front of the lodge. We stayed there last year when we went into Livingstone to visit the hospital. 

View of the doors to the rooms. Chris and I shared a room, which happened to be the same room Jason and I were in last year. Definitely use mosquito nets over the beds and don't drink the water. 

A covered outdoor sitting area. Chris and I chatted with a very nice guy from South Africa who was in Livingstone on business.

While Niki, Chris and I were making our way to Livingstone, Ricky, Debbie, John, Erin, Cindy and Sarah went on a safari in Botswana. We met up with them at Olga's Italian restaurant for dinner and got to hear all about their safari adventure. 

After our stay at Ngolide Lodge on Tuesday night, Ricky and Niki took us to the Livingstone airport Wednesday for our trip home. We traveled to South Africa, then overnight to London and finally home to DFW airport. 

Praise God for another successful trip for Prosthetic Promises!! We are so grateful for all the prayers and support from so many people! A huge THANK YOU to New Day Orphanage for hosting us again this year for our trip. We are excited to be planning our next trip for Spring 2016 and continue plans on our future clinic! Stay tuned for preparation update posts along the way.

Want to help?? We collect shoes in good condition, eye glasses or readers and used prosthetic components for our trips. Please contact me if you'd like to make a donation or get involved. As always...we are SO thankful for all of your prayers for our continued mission! 

No comments:

Post a Comment