"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

Do not be afraid


So you know how you seem to always have dreams about something that is coming up that's making you nervous? Dreams where you aren't prepared..ridiculous ones like you forget to wear pants or something similar. I think I'm really nervous about the trip, because last night I had the strangest dream. In my dream we were at New Day Orphanage, but it was set up like a really large hospital. I woke up and was running late to meet Chris and John to cast patients for the prosthetic legs but I couldn't find my clothes. In my search for clothes, strange things kept happening that prevented me from being where I was supposed to be. When I finally got to the right area in this huge building, I was too late. Chris and John had already finished everything, and I had wasted my whole time looking for clothes and where I was supposed to be. It was just terrible. 

So many people keep asking if I'm getting excited about our trip. I really am excited, but I think I'm may be more nervous. I have a bad habit of letting anxiety get the best of me rather than just letting go and trusting God. A friend posted a song on Facebook the other day and it really hit home. I downloaded it and kept listening to it throughout today. Just need to keep telling myself that God is with me, Do not be afraid. 


Tanner Clark-Do Not Be Afraid



No comments:

Post a Comment