"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

Crate Update


Apparently our crate that had arrived in South Africa has been stuck in Johannesburg. There was the additional charge once it got to South Africa that was paid, but we are unsure why the crate has not been moved towards its final destination at New Day. John will let me know as soon as he hears something. The company that shipped the crate is checking into the issue. Please pray the crate transportation doesn't get held up much longer. It'd be nice to know all of our supplies are awaiting us to get to New Day rather than a "down to the wire" situation. 

In other news, it's just 46 days until we leave! I'm excited but getting nervous. For some reason, I'm beginning to feel like I'm preparing for a major exam. Do I know enough and am I prepared enough to pass the 2 week exam on prosthetics? *Insert flash backs to preparing for my board exams here.* Prosthetic Promises' new website design is finished and up. Visit www.prostheticpromises.org. Go to the About Us page and read about John and Chris. I think my nervousness stems a lot from the fact that I have NEVER been on a mission trip; they have been doing mission work for a while. I'm continuing to mentally prepare and pray for knowledge and strength when on this trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment