"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

FUMC Clifton

This past Sunday, Chris and John met me in Clifton at my home church, First United Methodist, to share with the congregation about Prosthetic Promises. I've been so excited to introduce my church family to Chris and John, share with them about what we do in prosthetics and the mission to Zambia. My church family at FUMC have been such a wonderful influence in my life as I've grown up, always encouraging and supporting me. It was exciting to be able to show everyone a glimpse of what I do in prosthetics---what exactly did she end up doing with that college degree? :)  A big THANK YOU to Pastor Reed for letting us talk to the congregation during the Sunday service. Chris and John gave a wonderful presentation with pictures and stories from their trip last September. 




I took only a few pictures (in which everyone seemed to have an odd expression on their face). Oops :)

We were able to talk more with some people after the service. And Traci (my sister) seems to have taken more pictures then.



It was so awesome to see my church family, get tons of hugs!, and tell them about Prosthetic Promises. Several people also made generous donations to Prosthetic Promises for costs and supplies for our trip in April. THANK YOU FUMC CLIFTON!!!


**Fun side note: I was able to give Chris and John all the used parts donations when we met in Clifton. It took at least five tries to arrange them all in the back of my Fiat and get the door to close. See tetris picture below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment