"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

Reassurance

The sermon on Sunday was exactly what I needed to hear. Thank you Pastor Don for your words on Jeremiah 1:4-10......"But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord."

As excited as I am about this opportunity to be a part of Prosthetic Promises mission team, I have my doubts at times that I can actually do this. Do I have enough experience with prosthetics to go? Will I be able to make these prostheses under pressure to get it right the first try?....there's no multiple fitting appointments to get things "fine tuned" like I do for patients here. Do I have the ability to talk with the people (through a translator) about God sending me to meet them and build them a prosthesis? AM I GETTING IN OVER MY HEAD? 

I have always dreamed of the day I could be a part of a mission team to serve those in need: being the hands for God's work. And I've assumed that since the opportunity is now here, this is the right time, the right mission. This is exactly what I've been waiting for. And bonus: Jason will be able to go and serve at New Day Orphanage, though he doesn't make prostheses; so my husband will be right there with me. 

Hearing the words from Jeremiah and the wonderful sermon Pastor Don gave on Sunday was ABSOLUTELY reassuring that, though I have fears and doubts, God has called me to this mission work and I am supposed to go. He will be with me...I need not be afraid. 

Getting so excited! 

No comments:

Post a Comment