"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

It's 2017 and we're 3 months away from our trip!

First of all...happy new year! It's amazing to me that's it's 2017. Goodness time flies. 

We had intended to keep our trips every Spring, but last year we had to move our trip to September. (Reasoning in my blog post here.) So now the time from our 2016 trip in September to our 2017 trip in April seems very, very fast!

We have been basically in preparation mode since we returned in September. John made a trip to load supplies in the shipping container in Kansas in the first part of December. And we are gathering supplies that we will need to take as checked luggage on flights since the shipping container won't make it there before we do in April. 

This year's trip will be the last part of April...leaving around the 15th. So that means we're just 3 months away!! Our team this year will be Chris (prosthetist), John (ocularist), Traci (prosthetist, my sister) and me (prosthetist). I am so glad Chris is able to go this trip since she was unable to go last time, and I know she is beyond excited to be back in Zambia. And I'm so unbelievably excited that Traci gets to go this year. I find that many people are surprised that my sister and I are in the same profession...perhaps it's a bit unusual. But I think it's amazing for opportunities like this. Geographically we can't work together everyday with me in North Texas and she is in Houston, but we'll get to work side by side in Zambia. I'm thrilled to be able to share with her the wonderful experience it is to do the work God is calling us to by providing prosthetic services in Zambia. Getting so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment