"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

Another prosthetist joining team PPIHN!

I'm beyond excited to announce that Suzanne O'Connor, CPO is joining PPIHN for our upcoming September 2016 trip! Her son, Cole, will be coming with us also to help out. Suzanne owns her own orthotic and prosthetic facility, O&P Services, in Dallas. 

I've known Suzanne since I was in school at UT Southwestern. I did a semester rotation at her facility as part of my course work. I also now serve on an executive board for a state wide professional organization with her. I am so blessed to have such strong Christian women, Suzanne and Chris, as mentors. And super excited to be working with them both in Zambia this year! 

Please pray for Suzanne and Cole as they prepare for September's trip. Suzanne will be away from her business for several weeks and Cole will be taking time out of the first part of his Freshman year of high school to go on this trip. I pray God surrounds them both with comfort as they feel excited, yet nervous about the trip. I know each year I feel both a ton of excitement and a ton of anxiety before we leave. 

Other preparations: We will be purchasing plane tickets soon and will know exact dates for the trip then. I have not heard any updates on the shipping container, but it will likely be another couple months before it finally gets to New Day. We're anxious to know it arrives safely at New Day, as it has our back-up generators, supplies we need for seeing patients this year and equipment for the clinic that's being built. 

We're so thrilled to have Suzanne and Cole joining us this year! We appreciate your prayers and support! 

No comments:

Post a Comment