"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

The Unforeseen

When dropping off supplies with Chris a few weeks ago, we talked more about what to expect in Zambia. (I have many more discussions to come with John and Chris on "what to expect") Apparently, spitting cobras are a wildlife danger to be on the lookout for. SPITTING COBRAS!?! I'm with my dad on the opinion of snakes...a good snake is a dead snake. Ah, just makes me cringe thinking about them. 

I realize I hadn't thought of the unexpected things we'll encounter. Spitting cobras are just one example. The culture, food, how people live there, interactions with people, etc. It's all going to be so different than America. Neither Jason or I have done much traveling. We haven't been out of the country. Just thinking about all these aspects now makes me realize what a totally mind-boggling experience this will be. 

I downloaded pictures from John to my computer from their trip last September, so I've been looking through those. Really studying the pictures is starting to give a glimpse of what we'll see but being there in person will be a whole different thing. I'm going to try to post a few pictures from their trip at the end of each post here to share. 


Chris helping this man learn to walk with his new prosthesis. 

John and one of the people he made a prosthetic eye for. 

Chris working on a prosthesis.

John took pictures of people in the surrounding areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment