"Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen."
1 Peter 4:10-11 (NIV)

2015 trip dates are set!

           88 days until Zambia!

Hurray! We have plane tickets for our trip to Zambia. We'll leave May 10th and return May 28th. I AM SO EXCITED!

Those going will be Chris, John, John's daughter Erin, and myself. We leave Sunday, May 10th evening from DFW to London. We will arrive in London in the morning and have a 12 hour layover, so.....we get to do some sightseeing in London! The amateur photographer in me is just so excited about photo opportunities in London! After our tourist-y detour in London :), we fly to Johannesburg, South Africa with a short layover before flying to Livingstone, Zambia. The bus trip from Livingstone to New Day will only be a few hours. Last trip, we went into Livingstone to visit the hospital and see Victoria Falls, so we have experienced that drive before.

We land early afternoon in Livingstone on Tuesday, May 12th, so will be at New Day with enough time to unpack and get settled in before getting right to work early Wednesday. We'll have a full 2 weeks to work and then leave New Day on May 27th, returning to DFW on the 28th.

So that's the pre-trip agenda. I am stating now...make note...I vow to take more pictures than I did last trip and will take notes at the end of each day on that day's happenings. This way, I can give an even better day-by-day re-cap than I did last year here on the blog.

Other updates for preparations:
Since John took our supplies to Kansas in December, I've had several more donations come in at my office in Denton. I'll be taking those to Chris later this month. We can sort through and see what we want to pack in our luggage to take and what can wait until next year's pre-trip shipment. I will be seeing Chris and John later in February for my first Prosthetic Promises Board Meeting. That's right...I'm an official PPIHN Board Member now.

Boxes of supplies sitting at my office. 

Also before our trip, I'll need to get a yellow fever vaccine (since we're going through South Africa, that's required) and malaria preventative medication. The typhoid oral vaccine that I had last year is good for 5 years, so I'm good to go there.

Please be praying as we get closer to our trip that the people needing prosthetic services will hear about us coming and be able to travel to us while we're there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment